Import Records from Another CRM
If you have your data in .csv or .vcf format, you can import thousands of records instantly and effectively.
BzCRM supports importing data into different modules including Leads, Contacts, Organizations, Opportunities, etc.
- Mandatory Fields - Make sure your .csv file addresses all mandatory fields. For instance, Last Name and Company fields are mandatory in Leads module. You cannot proceed with importing until or unless you have a value within these fields of your .csv file. If the value of mandatory fields is empty, they will be set to ‘????’.
- Size - Make sure the file to be imported does not exceed 50 MB
- Permissions - Admin users can disable import access to non-admin users from Profile level. If you can’t find the Import option, you should contact your Administrator to enable import permission for your profile
This tutorial will walk you through different steps involved in importing records into your BzCRM account. The entire process is simple and straightforward.
Follow few simple steps to import data into BzCRM
- Click icon
- Select a module, say Contacts
- Click button on top right corner to import records
Step 1: Select File
In the first step of importing process, you’ll need to browse and upload your import file from your system.
Here in this example, a .csv file format is demonstrated.
1) .csv and .vcf are the two file formats currently supported.
2) vcf is available only in Contacts module
- Click on the Choose File button, browse for the desired file that is to be imported.
|File Type||BzCRM supports two different file types namely: .csv and .vcf. Select the appropriate value from the File Type drop-down that describes the format of the file you’ve selected in Step:1. For instance, if you’ve uploaded .csv file, select .csv from File Type field.|
|Character||Make sure you select the right character set in which your import file has been encoded. Encoding You’ll need to select right encoding of the file irrespective of the file contents.|
|Delimiter||BzCRM supports comma (,) and semicolon(;) as field delimiters. The fields in your .csv file are recognized only if they are separated with delimiters. More often, in a CSV file, fields are separated by commas(,).|
|Header||While importing, the header of your .csv file is compared with fields in BzCRM. Having a header makes it easy for you to map fields. Click on Has Header checkbox if your file has a header. The first row of your CSV file is considered as a header. Please make sure that you uncheck the Has Header field if your file doesn’t have a header.|
Step 2: Duplicate Record Handling
This is an optional step and comes into play if you would enable the checkbox in Step-3 of the import process. This option will help you in tracing out duplicate records. You can also configure the actions to be performed on duplicate records: skip, overwrite and merge. And finally, select desired fields for duplicate lookup by moving fields from the list of Available Fields to Fields to be matched on by using the right and left arrows.
Following actions can be performed on duplicate records
|Skip||After import, duplicate records are identified based on fields criteria. If BzCRM and .csv file has records in common, to avoid redundant data, duplicate records in .csv file are not imported into BzCRM|
|Overwrite||After import, duplicate records are identified based on fields criteria. If BzCRM and .csv file has records in common, to avoid redundant data, the records in .csv file are imported and will replace the records in BzCRM.|
|Merge||After import, duplicate records are identified based on fields criteria. Merge, unlike over write and skip, checks for duplicate records first and then captures only useful information from your .csv file and updates it in BzCRM.|
Step 3: Map CRM Fields
In the final step of the import process, you will need to map import file Header/Column to fields in BzCRM. Fields will be automatically mapped if your CSV file’s header matches with BzCRM field label.
You can provide default values for mapping fields which will be picked up in case if the value for any field in a file will be empty. Also, frequently used mappings can be saved and reused. Saved mappings will be accessible to all users. You can delete the saved mappings by clicking on Trash icon. After successfully mapping fields, click Import button.
After successfully importing records into BzCRM, the import results are displayed in tabular format. To continue importing records, click Import More button.
Import from Another CRM
BzCRM gives you an option to import your Contacts and other data from other CRM to BzCRM. To import your Contacts or any other records from another CRM into the BzCRM, you have two options:
- Export the Contacts from your CRM, and then import them to the BzCRM using a .csv file.
Import Mapping Tips
Date values depend on the format set in My Preferences. Any format other than specified format will not be imported and the field will be left blank. If the Date field is mandatory and no value is specified or has another format, then the record will not be imported.
Assigned To Values
When mapping to Assigned To value, please make sure that the value in the CSV file matches the Username of the CRM user (login email address). If no user is present with the value, then the imported record will be assigned to the user doing the import.
If an imported value has additional decimals than what is configured for the field will get rounded up to the specified decimals values.
For Example, consider importing Currency field. The CSV file has the value 1135.8395 and My Preference Decimals is set to 2 Decimals, the imported Currency value will be rounded up to 1135.84
If you import an empty number(mandatory) field, BzCRM will insert 0 value to the record.
When mapping to Picklist field, if the value being imported is not present in the Picklist, then BzCRM will insert the new value into the record.
If Picklist field is mandatory and imported record has no value, BzCRM will pick the default value specified during import. If that is also blank, then it will pick the default value of the field. If all are blank then ???? will be added to the record.
On mapping Time values, if the value is empty, then BzCRM will set the time as 12 AM.
Multi Select Combo
If you are importing a multi-select picklist values, multiple values should be specified in this format in the CSV file - value1 |##| value2 |##| value3. This field is case-sensitive.
If you are importing values into a reference field (ex: Organization field in Çontact), and a record is not present with the value, BzCRM will create a new record. Any mandatory values in the referenced record will be set to ????. Import fails if a record has mandatory Reference fields with an empty value.
Points to be noted while importing files into Inventory.
- The item name in CSV file has to be same as that present in Product/Service list.
- The specified item name by default will be searched in Product list first and then in the Service list. To make your work easy, append the item name with product/service in the following format
- The Quantity and Selling price fields have to be specified properly and must be mapped. If you don’t specify it, the Import will fail.
- The Tax values must be in percentage format, as it is calculated on the Total amount.
- Discount can be applied to an Individual item or on a group of items, specify the type of discount you prefer to add.
- Tax type has to be mapped correctly and in CSV file the Tax type should be specified either group or individual, if not it would consider the default tax type.
- If 2 records with 2 different items contain the same Subject, then it would be considered as a single record.
- Specifying the Items Total, Pre-Tax Total, Received, Balance and Grand Total in CSV file will not be considered, as these fields depend on Item total, discount and taxes added to it, other fields like Quantity, Selling Price, Discount, and Tax added to it.
If you have more than 1000 records in your file, your import will be scheduled immediately and an email notification will be sent to you after the successful import.
Data Corruption Error
This error shows up when the import is interrupted for various reasons like crashing in between or canceled by a user etc. This error indicates that the import table still has records to be imported into the system, but all the information related to the import (like mapping, default values, merge criteria) are all lost. These records can no more be imported and the user needs to clear this data before starting any other import.
Import Locked Error
This error will be displayed if the import has been already started on the same module by any other user in BzCRM. The details of the module, the user, and the time at which the Import has been locked is detailed within the error message itself.
Import Interrupted Error
If an Admin user is performing import and if a non-admin user tries to start an import on the same module, he will get to see the Import Locked error. If a non-admin user is doing the import, and Admin user attempts to import the same module, same time, he can be able to see the status of the current import and he will even have powers to cancel the current import; Consequently, the Import Interrupted Error will be displayed to the non-admin user.